Clearly this is a topic of great contention right now in BC - and I don't think that there is an amicable solution to it.

On the one side you have the GOABC and it's members earning a living, (chasing a dream that many of the resident hunters have had all their lives) and paying their dues.

On the other hand you have the resident hunters, who have seen the huge game numbers of 10 or 15 years ago dwindle, as wolves have decimated the herds and now threaten certain areas with complete extinction. These residents are Now venting their frustrations.

When the Provincial (state) Government decided do increase the Guides share of the game allocation in December, this was the tipping point, and as you see from the posts above it's turned bitter and cynical.

No matter how much the residents scream and shout, foreign hunters will still come to BC this fall, pay their money, and hunt the animals that they intend to hunt - that's just the nature of the business, they really don't and won't want to get involved with the local politics - just look around the world, (the big picture if you must) - and specifically at Zimbabwe as a prime example - there the government has behaved like the gestapo, yet every year - the influx of foreign hunters has never ceased!

I find it concerning to see the amount of bullying taking place under the guise of resident / guide allocation, and non more so than on BC's biggest hunting forum.

I'm also concerned that this issue will drive the hunters (guides and residents) so far apart, that they will loose all sight of what's actually best for the animals in their haste to shoot and full their own allocations, at the expense of the other group.

One thing for certain is that we (bc hunters) are in for a really interesting hunting season this year.

Last edited by Kudu11; 03/25/15.

This where I come from - http://youtu.be/KJr9jvsXFN4