Born in '37 and grew up reading JOC and Keith. I lusted for a M70 Super Grade in .270 or '06. After I got one or four, reality set in. (I owned one SG three times.) They are too heavy. I'm still looking for the Featherweight Super Grade at a right price.

In the meantime, I discovered Browning Safaris in the sixties. They were every bit as nice and even nicer finished than the SGs. My present crop of bolt guns include a custom stocked and engraved 03 Springfield, a custom stocked commercial FN, and two Browning Safaris on the small ring Mauser in .243 & .308. The little pencil barrel jewels way outshoot the first two, both in .30-06. I threw in a Blaser R-93 Prestidge with a .270 and .9.3 barrel for grins and something not quite out of the dark ages.

Once I quit letting gun writers tell me what I needed, life got better. I like JB's approach. He never seems to tell us what to buy. He gives objective reports on guns and calibers, what his opinion is of the same, and wishes us well. That doesn't mean he has not cost me money, but he did not mentally twist my arm.

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 04/22/15.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero