Originally Posted by Yondering
I use two colors to separate subsonic vs supersonic, and have settled on just two powder colors (after testing a lot of them) for their different attributes. Every powder I've tried works a little differently, some are slicker, some are tougher, some stick the bullets together too hard, etc.

My subsonic powder is a cobalt blue that is not tough enough for high pressure loads, but is very slick, and the bullets break apart easily without leaving bare spots.

My supersonic powder is a yellow/green that is very tough and slick, and doesn't stick bullets together as badly as some others.

The candy colors have been the worst for sticking bullets together, and being a little grabby in the bore.

No experience here with PC bullets but have all the paraphernalia to do so purchased some time back. Just haven't made the time to try it out.

Question is, can you get one hole accuracy with coated bullets? I read a good deal on the subject AFTER I made my purchases, and it seems few, if any, have been able to get the accuracy with coated bullets that is pretty standard with traditional lubed bullets.

It may not make a lot of difference with handgun bullets, but rifle bullets seem to be another matter.

What say you? Or anyone else?

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~