If you look at my avatar, the big 45-70 BFR has done 3/16" at 50 yards, 1/2" at 100 and my best was a 2-1/2" group at 500 yards. Home made mold and 4759 powder, LP mag primer. I can't do that with a rifle, even jacketed. The shooting was done Creedmore but from sand bags I can hold a revolver more steady then a rifle anymore. Off hand at my age is kind of gone! I managed a 3 shot group on steel once of 3/4" from my old SBH at 100 yards, .44 with a home made mold, 330 gr with an ogive as close to the forcing cone angle I could get it.
Even the big .500 JRH in the BFR has proven more accurate then most rifles. I put up a shotgun shell at 100, taped to cardboard, missed the first shot by 1/2" and hit with the second, very tough with a 4 minute Ultra dot.
I have had my 30-30 Remlin down to 3/16" at 100 but have a devil of a time holding that thing still. You must hold the forearm with your hand, can't rest the thing on a bag.
Anyway, the good revolver is a thing of wonder. I have much more trouble with rifles and cast, don't think it is the gun or boolit, just the loose nut behind it. Dang that Marlin is a beast to hold still! Even though I worked the trigger, every shot takes different pressure but my revolvers run from 19 oz to 1-1/2# trigger pulls. I even made more clearance on the Marlin lever safety but it still changes. Stupid thing can be 1# once and 5# the next. Run out of breath without the gun going off.
[Linked Image]
This is a sight in session with the BFR .475 at 50 yards, home made mold, 420 gr WFN. I reject any revolver group over 1" at 50.
[Linked Image]