Exactly...

I've dug plenty of bullets out of back stops...(free lead you know), and could find examples that still had the hard lube in the grooves fully filled out and still hard.

I used a softer lube because it ran through my sizer, and my concern was that if the hard lube survived through all that...was it actually doing much lubing?

That's another point in favor of coated bullets...the coating is very tough and intended to survive.

You can apply coating to any bullet design without running into any issues, but some makers now offer designs without any grease grooves as well.

But whatever the choice of lube, a good quality bullet is one that reflects quality in every aspect of the manufacturing process from the alloy through molding and lubing...it makes a big difference in accuracy and is well worth the slight extra cost.

Cast bullets can be carefully...or carelessly crafted, and shooting is not just an exercise in shoving any old lump down the barrel regardless of defect and hoping for the best...which is the point, after all.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...