Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I haven't tried the powder coating as a lube yet.

I have done conventional lube experiments with accurate revolvers and lube can have a significant affect on accuracy. As far as one hole accuracy with cast, that's a dedicated cast br rifle proposition. I'd say a good revolver will hang with most rifles i.e. a bit under 2 moa, right around moa when everything is perfect.

I'm fairly familiar with what cast bullets can do. In this case it's a matter of perception. One hole can mean a .308" hole with 10 .308" bullets through it. Unlikely with cast or jacketed bullets.

Or it can mean the nice small group bfrshooter made with the Marlin .44 Mag in the right hand photo in his post above. More along the lines I am referring to.

I suppose I could have made better choice of terms. Let's look at something 1 MOA or better to avoid further confusion.

Some folks don't shoot handguns well enough for the bullet or lube to make a difference. Depending on the handgun and discipline, less than 1 MOA may not matter if one is attempting to knock a 6-8" steel plate down at close range.

Point is, I don't have the experience with coated bullets, but from what I've heard, with rifle at least, it is difficult to get less than 2 MOA, much less 1 or less.

With a handgun shooting steel plates it may not matter.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~