SNAP;
Thanks for the reply sir, I appreciate it.

What is this camo of which you speak sir??? laugh

These Crispis were leather and looked like a cross between a Kenetrek and a Meindl - all leather upper and a big Meindl type rand.

I'm totally with you on Gore Tex outer layers on boots, though they might be OK in other terrain for sure, I don't hunt elsewhere much and thus can't comment intelligently.

Honestly I've only seen a single pair of Kenetrek for sale since they reorganized sales in Canada. If they think I'm going to drop $500 on boots that I can't try on first - well never mind that sir, obviously I'm not.

I almost bought a pair of lower Lowas in Banff a few years back and in retrospect I should have. They would have been fine for most other outdoor activities and would have let me save the Meindls for hunting only.

Somehow I've come to prefer a taller boot these days as they protect me more in the shin tangle and now that I'm in my '50's I'll take all the support I can get in a boot too. Aging has had some limiting factors on where I hunt and what is being shot for sure SNAP. grin

Thanks again sir and all the best to you folks this weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"