Originally Posted by safariman
Jorge,

The Buffalo and Sable hunt was in, I think, 2006 and it went great.

The next year, (whatever year that was, '07 or '08) some of the same guys and a couple of new ones went back without me for an Elephant hunt. That one did turn out poorly, and was a major percursor to my cutting ties with that outfit. That was the year that my health went in the can, and I closed up the Safari biz right after.

Old Toot, I was in the hunt booking business for decades and had many a good hunt and hunt result. I tried to go on the hunts with my clients as oft as I could in part to make sure everything was going right for them and sometimes acting as a guide or PH assistant. Shooting bait animals, building blinds, helping the game scouts and Trackers put the baits up etc.

Not going anywhere, I have many many good freinds here and enjoy my time here quite a bit. A few turkeys who like to stalk me here are not going to spoil the fun for me here.

To whomever asked where I was, been driving home from the Transplant hospital. Long drive from Seattle to Walla Walla and I just got in.

A delay in a response is not cowardly, continuing to stalk and toss names at a man for years after the events, and when there is another side to the story that is conveniently ignored, from the safety and anonymity of the internet is for certain cowardly at best.

Over and out on this thread, Thanks to those who opined on the possible histories of the AR-7 and shared stories about theirs.

I never read any supporting kudos or hunt reports for those 'great hunts' but may have missed them. Please post them here if you would and could.

As per your comments "on the past",it does tend to follow a fellow and mostly of his/her own doing. But ymmv.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.