Originally Posted by GunGeek
I have never seen where the US military has ever bought the AR-7 in any numbers. I believe some of the early Armalite AR-7's were bought and tested, but I'm not aware of either ever being adopted. I have never seen one stamped US Property. The M4 and M6 were both bought and used in far greater numbers than the AR-5. I have never seen an AR-5 in civilian hands, which makes me think there weren't many produced. As slick as the AR-7's are, they were never bought by the US Military.

Specifically Survival Arms is two companies removed from the timeframe that the AR-7 was evaluated. So it's a commercial product, that was sold commercially and it was never used by the military.

Thanks, some references said that the USAF used them for a significant time, others do not. Most probable that this one was and is strictly a civilian piece.

As to the rest of the crap, I announced several pages ago that I would not reply to posts that were about anything other than the gun.

One last time, and I did state this before in this thread, The Cape Buf hunt went great, the Elephant hunt did not go as well even though everyone got an Elephant. FWIW I was not on that hunt/trip.

DeFlave, the rifle is still shooting terrific. No more work needs to be done to it and I am pretty satisfied that this one is not MilSurp or have any Military connections. Fine with me as it is (now) a fun and useful little gun.

Info or queries relating to the AR-7 will be replied to, hijacking posts about anything else, not so much.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500