Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
[u]
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I was surprised when I got on the CF and discovered the 280AI had any traction at all. I had no idea anyone used it.

Musta been the circles I ran in.... smile

That's a really similar reaction the one I had when I saw all of discussion about the 7 Mashburn on the CF.

I mean a wildcat that bests the 7RM by 100fps when you run it in a full-length magnum action,and is kicked all over the school yard by the 7mm STW that uses all the action length. Well you gotta wonder, what's the point?

But,to each his own.

With a 100fps gain, better bullets and twists than the 270, I think it would be a no-brainer except for the incestuous relationship some people seem to have with the 270 (circles?).

And in a Kimber, it weighs a whole lot less than ANY 7RM on the market.

Faster is always faster, and better is always better.

And, it's SAAMI to boot!

Rationalize on.

Seems as the 280 AI has gained way more traction than the Mashburn. Don't see any manufacturers chambering the Mashburn let alone anyone making factory ammo for it!!

I go away for two days of bass fishing and come home to find the dopes are at it again....love all the "experience" speaking with so much authority.

Whelen if a 140 gr bullet at 3150 from a second rate factory rifle floats your boat,go for it.That from a cartridge that runs at 65,000 psi and still goes slower than a 7 Rem Mag run at lower pressures. Makes sense to me crazy Some have fallen for this. PT Barnum was right...after 100+ years of 7mm cartridge development, I guess the factories ran out of ideas to sell more rifles, huh?

Tell me how you know so much about the Mashburn and the STW? Loaded for both?

338: Moron, you won't see anyone chambering for the Mashburn. They brought out a couple of cartridges to approximate its ballistics already...you might know about them. The 7 Rem Mag(which it beats easily) and the STW (which does nothing more than a Mashburn. (Ask anyone who has owned both.) Both came later than the Mashburn. Hint.

Whelen tell me how much game you have killed with a 270, 280, 280AI and 7 Rem Mag? I'd love to know.

You two agreeing with one another is hilarious...reminds me of Dumb and Dumber. smirk

Rationalize on!

Last edited by BobinNH; 05/23/15.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.