I don't owe you a "reason", nor an answer. You're entitled to "nothing". I'll try one more time to give you the courtesy of a response.

Go build rifles, load for them, and get your own answers.

I thought I hit on the reasons in previous posts,but apparently the message got lost in the chatter. Explaining things to people with utterly no experience is a waste of time,especially if they aren't in the business of listening and don't want to learn for themselves but expect everyone on here to give them answers. smirk

The differences in velocity are greater than 100 fps with bullets of 160 gr and up,even though you insist on using that number despite having been corrected a number of times now.They have a word for that...I call it "stupid".

Not only does it handily beat a 7 Rem Mag in velocity,it is an easier cartridge to work with, much more predictable rifle to rifle, much more uniform in the amount of powder it burns for velocity delivered. It also "fits' a M70 or Remington 700 "better".

In short, across the board, it's a "better" belted magnum 7mm than the 7 Rem Mag.Probably better than other 7mm's of greater capacity as well. There are other belted 7mm's,others of greater capacity. They don't interest me for a variety of reasons.

Unless you get down and load the thing yourself you may want to question this,especially if you have an agenda to prove me "wrong",or you want to be convinced.. smile

So I suggest that you contact Dober,Docbill, Dave 7mm, and Sergeant Beretz on here. They all have Mashburns,and will corroborate what i say.

Dave 7mm was done with load development and a ladder test at 500 yards in two range sessions with a 150 BT at 3300 fps. He described the cartridge as (paraphrased}"easy, a big easy going slob to work up loads, hit velocity,and keep it running consistently,unlike the STW which was a PITA".

Beretz punched out a PF M70 7 rem Mag to Mashburn; was "done" with load development in under 20 rounds with a 160 AB at 3200 fps. You could cover groups with a dime.Ask him.

Others have them. They don't post on here about it on because they have less patience than I do answering inane questions.

As to nobody building them, when I built mine 5 years ago, one phone call and I had dies from RCBS in 3-4 days. Today you can't find them over the counter. Wait times are measured in months. Ak NYrifleman and GuideGun...they had to wayt 2-3 months.

Someone is building them but I don't know them all.

Don't bother me anymore with your silly questions. I'm all out of patience with you.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.