Originally Posted by SNAP
As always, Bob, my friend you make a sound point, I just like to try various cartridges in different rifles as I am a total "nut" about guns.

I almost bought a mint, cherry STS Classic-70 two years back due to your influence and would have had it customized and punched to 7Mash-only age and serious gimpiness prevented this.

For some BC hunting, I cannot envision a better round than the Mashburn with 160 premium slugs as for some a .338WM-250NP is ideal and the .270Win.-.280Rem-.280AI is perfect for most.

Gives us stuff to stay penniless with and keeps us out of the taverns, eh! smile

Same here. I've got enough overlap that I really could get rid of most of my stuff and still never miss a beat hunting. I do enjoy trying different cartridges, just cause I can.

Heck, since I got the Mashburn, I could get rid of my little 7mm WSM, but I do happen to have a bunch of 140 grain BBC's that might work out pretty well in that one. I'll save the 160 and 175 BBC's for the MSM.

Sorry to derail this thread. I am pretty sure if most of us were blindfolded, handed a decent rifle, zeroed 3" high at 100 yards, 95% would never miss a beat with anything from a 7-08 to a 300 RUM..

Semper Fi