Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I dunno what magazines or websites you read, but some do run more in-depth articles.

But I would also suggest that the big problem doesn't lie in the articles, but most readers. People don't read as much as they used to, and when they do, they refuse to read anything longer than a page. Supposedly this is mostly younger people, who walk around with a smart phone in front of their face all day long, but Savage 99 is a perfect example of the phenomenon in the older generation as well. Instead of actually reading a 3000-4000 word article, people tend to read five 600-800 word "articles" which are actually paragraphs. And they somehow prefer that to reading a longer article with more detail.

Or the prefer a pile of 1-3 sentence 24hourcampfire posts, which are usually as in-depth and well-researched as a smart-phone text.

I must be an exception somehow. If the article is about a subject of interest, I don't care if it runs 20 pages....I'll read it.But I read pretty fast,and have no problem with attention spans so long as the article is on a subject that interests me.

SA gets bought by me more than anything else because I like the hunting stories,and editorial content. I can't get excited about anything too technical or deep in the weeds, and the black gun stuff interests me not at all.The hunting has always interested me more than the gun gack.

The short paragraph stuff is a complete turn off and of little interest.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.