Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Trump's finally got it right. Just REPEAL it.

I'd love it.

I'll believe it when I see it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is also a risk of losing the Senate to the liberals if we don't get a health care Bill passed that involves Democrats. We have a new dependant class of Americans that need (real or imagined) Obama care or something resembling it.

Can you imagine Diane feinstein as the chair of the judiciary committee?

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by steve4102

As President Trump tweeted, 8 Democrats control the Senate.
Hah.. Those 8 Dems control the entire GOP!! I've never in my life seen such a bunch of weak-tit, worthless, pitiful group of politicians so lacking in balls.. All they wanna do is keep their comfy seats and get re-elected... Work for US??? ROTFLMAO..

Looks more like 3 republicans control the senate. But hey, blame the dems if it makes you feel better.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
Who in their right mind would call something the "core of the senate" when it's sole purpose is to PREVENT the senate from moving to a vote, which is their job. Vote on the damn things, yes or no, period. Holding a majority hostage simple because you can't win is ridiculous.

Here, here..........................yes, yes & yes.

Get on with business; piss on the minority; majority rules.

Oooops, not in the senate.

MM

There is no majority in the senate. There are three minorities, and it looks like the dems own the plurality.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by milespatton
Yup, but, we still need to get rid of a lot of the " do as we say, not as we do" crap up there.

Exactly. The very first law that should be passed is one where every Government worker from top to bottom has to live with the same laws. No exceptions. The second law should be that the law be enforced on all equally. Anybody shown favoritism should be treated harshly along with the law makers and enforcers that abetted that. miles

Dream on......

That has as even less of a chance of happening than term limits on congress.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The problem is that in order to deal with tax reform the health insurance issue needs to be resolved - they are one in the same thanks to the taxes of Obamacare. It's a nightmare for those working on this. They will have to take another run at this in the very near future. I don't see anything changing. What's going to change? At least 3 republican senators (all women) have come forward to say they aren't going to vote yes on a straight repeal, and I'm sure there are 10 others behind them feeling the same way but too afraid to speak up at this time.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

I have been saying this all along, just let it implode...

Last edited by colvin; 07/18/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Trump's finally got it right. Just REPEAL it.

100% right.

But now, 3 GOP bitches are saying they just cannot support straight repeal, putting them 1 vote under 50 needed. And of course this won't be a surprise to many here, they supported a straight repeal when it was a token vote under Obama that they knew would get vetoed- fugking cowards.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It really doesn't matter if three republican (women) senators refuse to vote for total repeal, without the 60 vote cloture votes needed to hit the floor, they will never have to actually vote on it as it is dead even without them.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Looks more like 3 republicans control the senate. But hey, blame the dems if it makes you feel better.
[/quote]

Didnt they lie and foist this abortion on us?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

As President Trump tweeted, 8 Democrats control the Senate.
Hah.. Those 8 Dems control the entire GOP!! I've never in my life seen such a bunch of weak-tit, worthless, pitiful group of politicians so lacking in balls.. All they wanna do is keep their comfy seats and get re-elected... Work for US??? ROTFLMAO..

I actually agree with this, controlling the Congress with a sitting President and can't do [bleep]...looking to blame someone else for being ineffective and ball-less

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It really doesn't matter if three republican (women) senators refuse to vote for total repeal, without the 60 vote cloture votes needed to hit the floor, they will never have to actually vote on it as it is dead even without them.

Why not, the Democrats forced it down our throats with a simple majority?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because they know they'll lose their cushy jobs.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Looks more like 3 republicans control the senate.
That point can certainly be made....

But hey, blame the dems if it makes you feel better.
Didnt they lie and foist this abortion on us?
They lied like rugs - all headed by the Liar in Chief, that pos Obama.... And that little a-hole from NV changed the rules to allow a simple 51 vote and PRESTO!!!! O-Care is here to stay...because the GOP is fractured, weak, ball-less and - at the same time - down deep really wants this gov't control to continue...

I pray I'm wrong..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
They need to repeal all of it, then stay the hell out of it, we don't need nannies for healthcare, all the gimmedats need to go to work like we do and buy their own damn coverage.

Agreed.

But - they've been voted in THREE times in order to repeal it, and they won't.. They've lied to us repeatedly re: O-Care in order to get elected and they won't do it..

Know why? Because repealing it would relinquish a big part of "gov't control" and NO (repeat NO) politician will ever voluntarily give up control of the minions..

Of course, there could be other reasons - that they're so inept, naive, incompetent and feckless that they CAN'T repeal it... They're so bad that they remind me of a fictitious football team that takes the field. The other team never shows. And yet the first team uses 3 downs and STILL has to punt the ball.. mad

obongo care is like a badly wounded bear in the brush, the trees [demotards/rinos] prevent quick shots to finish it off, but, sitting tight and watching, death will come to booth regardless.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I apologize to the rest of the nation. One of the senators is ours, but I can promise you she didn't get elected with my vote

Daddy gave her the job, when he was governor. POS genes at work

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I apologize to the rest of the nation. One of the senators is ours, but I can promise you she didn't get elected with my vote

Daddy gave her the job, when he was governor. POS genes at work

And I apologize to the rest of the nation because I have lifetime health care for life from an old job that I don't even work [active] at anymore, that chit isn't fair to the folks having to work with obunghole care either. mad

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 270cowboy, 160user, 257_X_50, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,409
Posts18,507,012
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.