Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Y'all just made me go print our a current insurance card, havent had a new one in my vehicle in years.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Louisiana, the man in the video would have been in the wrong, maybe even arrested. You can not refuse to identify yourself, give your address, or explain your actions. That's the law.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by ro1459
My question to this is, why not just give the cop your insurance card, be polite, and go. The only rude person I saw in that clip was the driver.

Ummm because the cop was lying

Not if he had a ALPR, which would easily read a license plate behind, in front, or to either side.
When does a tag run come back with your insurance statis???

here lack of ins is an immediate suspension of registration and the reason for suspension is noted.
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Regardless if it was a 'good' probable cause for the stop, I think, if you are driving, then you are required to show your license on demand in almost every state. .

Wrong
I was too lazy to look up every state of course, but I just googled the question and it looks like license and insurance card are legally required when asked.

Yes, they are. You can refuse to produce your operator's license when asked, but the only recourse after that is to be arrested for operating without a license. Then you can make bond, come to court and eventually show your license to have the charges dropped. The only one getting skinned up is the driver who doesn't want to simply produce an operator's license. If you do anything other than put your hands behind your back and walk back to the car to ride to jail you can and will be charged with resisting arrest. You may get away with being annoyed with some pressure point control techniques, until you decide to go along with the program, or in the case of some of the younger types, they'll go ahead and initiate the Electric Company. Now you have been tasered. I assure you, this is not pleasant. If you have now progressed to this point, your options in court have diminished. It's all cool sounding to mess with the fuzz, but your best option is STILL to obey lawful commands.

You’re missing the point.

It wasn’t a lawful command.

P

I'm not for stops without cause. It's usually pretty easy to find cause, though, if you want to have a talk with a driver.

yep, all it takes is some studying of the vehicle code. really want to get deep in the weeds so to speak learn the FMCSA laws.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by cv540
I dont think you need a reason to read a plate, a plate is in "plain view."

Some agencies have plate readers equipped in their cars, looking for stolen cars.
When I worked uniform every day we got a "Hot Sheet" listing cars that were stolen, wanted in felonies, known to have wanted subjects ect, and some would scan car plates for stolen cars-"Hot Rollers" we called them. Some of the older officers would say "quit looking at that Hot Sheet, we aren't chasing any cars."
The modern plate readers are the automated continuation of these.

So insurance companies are required by law to report to the state dmv whether their current policy holders are up to date on their auto coverage?

That's not the case in my state. Here you have to show proof of insurance if stopped.
Unsure about how it works in Michigan. Could be that you have to show proof of insurance when registering or renewing plates there. Doubt that they make the insurance companies provide it.

i'm willing to bet it's both here the ins company is mandated to notify DMV immediately of any lapse. a vehicle operator is also required to have proof of insurance in his vehicle to produce on demand

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BamBam
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Here in NV and in many other states insurance companies are required to immediately report to DMV any lapse in coverage. As much as I dislike government in general, I like this law. Irresponsible drivers need a thump up the side of the head.

I shouldn't have to file a claim with my company and suffer higher rates for years, accordingly, if some slob druggie, or drunk, or simple idiot runs a light or stop sing and clobbers me.

You forgot texting, believe it or not one out of four accidents in the United States is from texting. I just googled it :-)

I wonder what percentage of the at fault are female?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by ro1459
My question to this is, why not just give the cop your insurance card, be polite, and go. The only rude person I saw in that clip was the driver.

Ummm because the cop was lying

Not if he had a ALPR, which would easily read a license plate behind, in front, or to either side.
When does a tag run come back with your insurance statis???

In MI, insurance status is attached to the registration and updated every two weeks last i recall. It’s common for folks to buy a short term policy to renew their plates not knowing that information gets transmitted to the sec of state. When that happens, the registration is updated to reflect fraudulent application for insurance

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks like two dicks crossed paths. The third guy just wants to smooth things over and get the hell outta there.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
No respect

Medics bury their mistakes..
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by plumbum
Regardless if it was a 'good' probable cause for the stop, I think, if you are driving, then .

Wrong

Really? Are you saying that if you are speeding, and get pulled over for that, you are not required to show your license on demand in almost every state?

Not arguing, but I would like to understand your argument better.

No. But this guy didn’t get pulled over for speeding. This was an illegal stop.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dinny
No respect
How much respect did the officer earn? A badge alone does not command respect.

IC B3

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Regardless if it was a 'good' probable cause for the stop, I think, if you are driving, then you are required to show your license on demand in almost every state. .

Wrong
I was too lazy to look up every state of course, but I just googled the question and it looks like license and insurance card are legally required when asked.

Yes, they are. You can refuse to produce your operator's license when asked, but the only recourse after that is to be arrested for operating without a license. Then you can make bond, come to court and eventually show your license to have the charges dropped. The only one getting skinned up is the driver who doesn't want to simply produce an operator's license. If you do anything other than put your hands behind your back and walk back to the car to ride to jail you can and will be charged with resisting arrest. You may get away with being annoyed with some pressure point control techniques, until you decide to go along with the program, or in the case of some of the younger types, they'll go ahead and initiate the Electric Company. Now you have been tasered. I assure you, this is not pleasant. If you have now progressed to this point, your options in court have diminished. It's all cool sounding to mess with the fuzz, but your best option is STILL to obey lawful commands.
IF they actually ARE lawful...

Exactly!!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
Boy, most of you guys are trying to be a real rebel. Wonder if that guy would argue with the judge like that if he got pulled into court.

Those two cops need to get a little backbone... My father is law was a trooper in Minnesota for 33 years... I've rode in his cruiser with him multiple times.. he was mainly based way up north out of Hibbing area on the Iron Range. He was president of the state's patrolman's association the last 18 years of his 33 yr tenure. Every trooper knew Bill, he was 6 ft 8. Actually taller than the regs would allow.. but at 20 he joined the HWY patrol, and the National Guard... After a couple of weeks out of the Academy, he got activated to go do his basic training and AIT. He was gone 4 months, and his height grew 8 inches in that time, when he was 20. When he comes back, he was already on the Hwy Patrol so they couldn't fire him because he gained 8 inches while doing his military training. Due to his height, he was the only Troop in the State Patrol that had his own cruiser assigned, because they had to move the front seat back like 6 inches to accommodate his height. He was also the only trooper that couldn't transport an arrest in his cruiser, because the seat being so far back...

I knew you never really win an argument with an LEO. Being a wise ass buys you no brownie points. I have had few tickets in my life time, when I am still driving for business anywhere from 40 to 60K miles a year. Been pulled over, but being respectful and telling the troop to tell me exactly what he wants me to do, has normally been appreciated by the LEO...What I see that Troopers and cops have to deal with in what we call "the public".. personally I don't see how they have the patience for it. In fact I've had many times of the times I've been pulled over that the officer has thanked me for being cooperative, thanked me for my service if they notice something that indicates I am a veteran, and send me on my way, telling me to have a safe trip....

The guy in the car was just an [bleep] in my book. Any cop with a backbone would have told him its no problem. Call a tow truck, haul him in his car to impound, give him a night to sleep off his [bleep]... and let him present his case to the judge in the morning...

Sure there a few A Hole cops, in ratio, there is a boat load more A Holes in the General Public.

any LEOs on here, thank you for your service to your communities, in spite of the communities lack of appreciation for what you do...

The rest of you.. Flame away, but I stand behind the LEOs.. Most I've ever met have been very respectable guys...
and I've always been the type if they are threatened by some one armed, and I have quick access I'll back them up...

and yeah, I've done that several times in my life...an LEO or a Service Member.. I see no difference... they are serving the public and our nation.

Are you saying you support unlawful stops? And illegal activity by officers? Because having this parked car towed illegally would not be a good look.

Yes, you can win arguments with highway patrol. I’ve done so twice. It’s amazing how differently they behave when being filmed. The last time I was pulled over was around 11 years ago. The officer pulled me over for speeding a whopping two miles an hour. He said that I looked uneasy and upset (I just left the hospital where my grandmother died 20 minutes earlier). He then demanded to search my truck.

I refused his search. He proceeds to tell me he’s never had an innocent man refuse a search. My demeanor changed at this point. I tell him “I’ve never had an [bleep] cop ask to search me before, it’s a first for us both.” He then asks me to come to his cruiser, tells me “the K-9 unit is on its way”. I tell him he has fifteen minutes to charge me or I’m leaving. He continues to ask me questions. After twenty minutes I get up and go back to my truck. He flings his door open and starts yelling at me telling me I couldn’t go. I flipped him the bird and yell “Rodriguez, [bleep]” and drive away.

Same trooper later got disciplined and later fired for stalking and harassment.

My friend got pulled over by the same guy on his way to work at 0600. He was pulled over for speeding, again two MPH. He shined his light into the truck bed and saw a beer can crumbled up. He then told him he was under suspicion of DUI. He blew a 0.00, the trooper refused to accept that, put him in cuffs and hauled him to the county sheriff’s office for a blood draw. It was also negative. He then reluctantly released him. My friend asked how he was supposed to get back to his truck, to which the trooper told him to get a cab.

Many cops are indeed jerks and they do operate outside the law. It shouldn’t be tolerated.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Just another U TUBE moron wanting to show what a big set he had.

Had the cop had an old timer for a partner, the nightstick would have taken out a tail light (not on the moron's camera) and a ticket would be the result.

Police have a horrible job, worse now than any recent time.

"Get along, go along" having known many police as friends.
Ah, yes, crooked cops are the answer.

Moron.
The occurrences of such defining evidence from this one are stacking up daily.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The driver was perfectly in the right legally, but boy did he go out of his way to antagonize the cops. I understand being pissed for being stopped/questioned for no reason, but this guy is asking for retribution. Spewing F-Us with impunity seems to be old hat for this guy. He was lucky he did not run into some young hothead egomaniac and get dragged from his vehicle and beat to a pulp or shot for resisting. He would still be in the right legally, but beat up or shot nonetheless.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My whole perspective on LEO changed thirty years ago when my best friend from high school became highway patrol and I started hanging out socially with many of them.

They are just like any other group of individuals. Some good, some bad.

Unfortunately now a days. The good ones are smart enough to pick another career.

The LEO in the video is either a bad one, or a good one that made a mistake. Only time will tell.

From what I saw, there was no probable cause to stop. Had the LEO actually stated something, he would have been 100% covered by law. Which my association with LEO over the years actually means nothing. Heard it stated many times. If I want to pull someone over, there is always a reason. Right or wrong that is the way it is.

Last edited by CRS; 09/02/22.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
The driver was perfectly in the right legally, but boy did he go out of his way to antagonize the cops. I understand being pissed for being stopped/questioned for no reason, but this guy is asking for retribution. Spewing F-Us with impunity seems to be old hat for this guy. He was lucky he did not run into some young hothead egomaniac and get dragged from his vehicle and beat to a pulp or shot for resisting. He would still be in the right legally, but beat up or shot nonetheless.
Sounds like a lottery winner.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Dinny
No respect
How much respect did the officer earn? A badge alone does not command respect.

It does for me until actions prove otherwise.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The stopped SOB should have been dragged out of the vehicle and been beat down. F these social justice warriors!

Let's Go Brandon!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Azmarlin39a
The stopped SOB should have been dragged out of the vehicle and been beat down. F these social justice warriors!
Ve must see zee papers! Out of zee automobile! Fuch your “constitution”!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Azmarlin39a

The premise for the stop was flawed from the jump. Why is that so hard to understand?

MAGA
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (B52RadarNav, 35, 808outdoors, ar33c9, 10Glocks, 308ld, 8 invisible), 1,208 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,688
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.