Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Clarkm
To get 100% Marxism, they will need to take your guns.

Or,..blow your house and 10 acres of land up with a drone attack,...from the comfort of their office while enjoying a morning cup of coffee.

It's not 1776 any more.
True that... But consider the number of drones needed - and the point becomes moot..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by irfubar
How about the productive people just quit producing?
That may happen by default, the government seems to be hindering our ability to produce.

How powerful can a government be on the world stage without a productive citizenry.

That being said, a tyrannical government such as what ours is turning into can sure make life miserable for it's citizens!

If I was government I would not worry about angry productive people, I would worry about the entitlement crowd. Cut them off and you will see violence.

The productive people just seem to keep plugging away and playing by the rules.

Think about it. How many people REALLY produce and WHAT so they produce? What so they REALLY contribute?

Djs,
The middle of the country, you know the lib's call it fly-over country,
the people who cling to their guns and bibles etc...
Well it may come as a surprise to YOU east coast/west coast big city liberals, these people actually have to produce things in order to survive.

They produce many of the goods, farming, logging, mining, ranching, etc...
that you big city liberals need to live your cushy lives.

Yet you lib's look down your arrogant nose at these hard working people, well in the words of the great Deflave, GFY

Well said.. I've heard a lot of city-folk that say something to the effect of 'who cares about farmers? We'll just go to the grocery store for food'... About 40+ years ago I had to rather pointedly remind my two cousins from La Mesa, CA (naturally), when the younger of the two made some remark about 'dumb farmers', that every single item on his plate came from those same 'dumb farmers' and that if it weren't for farming he'd starve to death in the city..

It boggles the mind....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
how very odd

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A civil war is not the answer. It is simplistic, unrealistic, and would be tragic for the revolters and they would be squashed. When it comes time to pick up arms which by the way would be pitchforks against those that would come against them, you would find a very, very small number willing to do so.

Even during the Revolutionary War, only about thirty percent of those who were able bodied were motivated enough to fight. The rest were either Great Britain sympathizers or were going to wait to see with whom to cast their lot.

I don't know if it was in this thread or another but Somewhere I mentioned the Cycle of Nations which is derived from a study of the great nations of the past and their evolution and subsequently de-evolution. We are there.

The reason we are there is as Digital Dan remarked, "our symptoms have causes that go to the bedrock of a society, to the heart of man" (Paraphrase mine). We once lived generally by Judea-Christian values which we have arrogantly flushed from every public venue of life.

Thus, IMO, God has taken His hand off.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yep. Nice summary.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Did it ever occur to anyone that our leadership stands to gain by the failing of our country? Why else would they work so hard to achieve it?

No need to look any further than the collapse of the Soviet Union. Look at how many Billionares popped up after that restructuring.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Barak has made the best point. The best revolt we could platform is an economic embargo to the government. A mass, nation wide boycott of paying taxes would be the most peaceful method on behalf of the people; although no telling how the politicos would react when their personal power dried up from lack of funds.

A tax revolt is moral and peaceful except for the first few victims; the only real problem with it is that it won't work.

The government has three sources of money: taxation, monetization, and borrowing. Or perhaps more colloquially, stealing, counterfeiting, and promising to steal.

A tax revolt eliminates only the first source. They can still print money and borrow it from people who believe the tax revolt will be crushed within the five- or ten- or thirty-year maturity period of the T-bills they're buying.

You have to come up with something that attacks all three sources at once, else they'll use whichever ones you didn't attack to counterattack.

The thing all three sources have in common is the dollar. If the dollar were to become less and less attractive to the general public compared to something else that was essentially untaxable, then this is what happens to their three sources:

Taxation: The objections to taxation would wane, because people's taxable income would drop precipitously. Raising taxes would make the income drop even more precipitously. You want to tax me at 100%? Okay, fine. I made three dollars last year: here you go. How was I able to live on only three (minus three) dollars? Gee, interesting question. I guess I must just have some really nice neighbors and Internet buddies.

Monetization: Dollars would be worth very little if anything, and nobody would want to be paid in them, because...well, because they wouldn't be able to use them for anything, because nobody would want to be paid in them. The government could print up as many trillions as it had warehouses for, and in those warehouses is where they would sit.

Borrowing: If nobody wants dollars, who's going to buy dollar-denominated government instruments, even if the government promised an interest rate of 100%? 100% of essentially nothing is essentially nothing. Screw you and your T-bills; I'll barter Bitcoins over the Internet for shares of startups.

Don't boycott the IRS; boycott the dollar. And not because you're sacrificially freedom-minded: because you'll be wealthier and your life will be better if you do.

If we can get free-market private currencies to that point, no government in the world will be able to stand against it.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,454
Posts18,471,089
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.