24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Pressure CX v LRX v TTSX BobbyTomek 04/25/24
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The GMX was essentially the CX without a plastic tip.

Actually, many of the GMX bullets did have a plastic tip. I really liked the .30 cal/110 grain version designed for Blackout speeds. From a 24" 30-30 Contender barrel, I ran them at 2805 fps. They were absolutely deadly on hogs and coyotes and opened much more quickly -- and much wider -- than typical monos. I used them in a mildly-loaded .300 Savage and a .308 WCF as well.

The 110 grain CX that replaced it performs similarly but not identically, either -- at least not in my usage.

Here's a 110 grain GMX taken from a large hog. I'd have to dig through notes for details, but I know I used the 2805 fps/30-30 load and that the distance was around 200 yards.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
50 5,009 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Caroll Brunett Show mjbgalt 04/25/24
Th7at was back whhen I was just retard...johns Manville. Class of 49.
29 2,056 more...
Re: Mossberg, we need to talk, we're off to a rocky start here. stinkycoyote 04/25/24
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by rlott
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Sounds like a good candidate for a turkey shoot gun. Only one shot at a time there. I've got a couple of friends who install sleeves in their turkey shoot guns- - - -chokes a 12 gauge down to 16 GA. in the last 6 inches or so of the barrel, and they scope them for accurate aiming. Those guns are illegal at a lot of shoots.

Those guys are nuts. Money is no object for the hardcore guys. Here's one I Cerakoted for a guy. In this case instead of a drop-in choke the entire barrel is a "sleeve" that drops in.

In any case to answer the OP's question, they don't make them like they used to (e.g. test fire)

[Linked Image]

I Don't know schitt about turkey shoot guns

What is the ammo of choice?

What kinda patterns do they get?

I wish I could tell ya haha, oh edit, yeah that's quite a rabbit hole to go down, sorry I did. I'll be of no help here lol
19 1,765 more...
IC B2
MN DFL state senator Nicole Mitchell charged with felony burglary Nollij 04/25/24
Mitchell Impossible charged with felony burglary

This is too much to write about. Read the link and accompanying articles if you care. She breaks into her stepmothers home at 4:30 in the morning dressed all in black, and with a taped up flashlight, to supposedly perform a welfare check on her “alzheimers addled” stepmother. It gets better from there. Her Dad recently passed, and she decided to steal some crap back from her evil stepmother. Charges were filed, and a restraining order signed.
Ahhh….the lies and double standards of the DFL commies in this state know no bounds. Today the DFLers are all concerned about due process for Mitchell, but had no problem passing red flag laws last year that could remove a persons private property without the first hint of due process.
She is already being called Mitchell Impossible. The DFL spin machine is working overtime. Our precipitous slide continues. I would hope that justice is served, but she is a DFLer. 'nuff said.
18 1,577 more...
Re: Caroll Brunett Show gonehuntin 04/25/24
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Tim Conrad was the funniest of all.

He was great on the Wild, Wild, West playing Artemus Gordon.
29 2,056 more...
Re: Caroll Brunett Show jpb 04/25/24
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Yep, the Siamese elephants skit was the GOAT. laugh

Less than 3 minutes.

/John
29 2,056 more...
Re: Caroll Brunett Show Beretta_Shooter916 04/25/24
That guy in Montana?
29 2,056 more...
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
Old school ctw 04/25/24
Talley for S99
0 82 more...
Re: FatShack Burger? Beretta_Shooter916 04/25/24
I think they started in Colorado
11 748 more...
Re: FatShack Burger? WAM 04/25/24
I used to get a burger at In-n-Out in SoCal and Whataburger in Tejas way back when they were good. Best burgers at any chain in Sweet Home is the 1/2 lb at Full Moon BBQ.
11 748 more...
IC B3
Re: 35mph Mountain Lion- Swing & a Miss Hammerdown 04/25/24
Yes, short but good.
33 3,158 more...
Re: DATA POINTS H-414 & w 760 Mule Deer 04/25/24
Haveyou tried different lots of IMR4831? It will also vary, like any powder.

It's also more temp-sensitive than H4831, which can also make a difference in a double. Have experienced that more than once--and doubles are often used in hotter temps. Have found more temp-resistant powders tend to be more reliable in doubles. Though of course some POI variation usually doesn't matter much on the animals usually hunted with doubles, due to their size and relatively short ranges.

H414/W760 is far more temp-sensitive than IMR4831.
22 2,133 more...
Re: Caroll Brunett Show Partsman 04/25/24
He has no clue what he is talking about, just more useless posting.

But yes persiandog, you are right it was Tim Conway.

You obviously paid attention during the show.and it was the Carol Burnett show.
29 2,056 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Athlon Optics Ares BTR GEN2 HD 4.5-27x50 FFP MIL scope - NIB Elkfitness 04/25/24
Bump
13 1,222 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 6.5 CM Loads - 120 grain bullets captjohn 04/25/24
I would like keep it under 2.800 because that is the typical length of the 260 Rem. and that does work in this arrangement.
19 1,758 more...
Re: CO - Reintroduced wolf found dead in Larimer County Hammerdown 04/25/24
The Government want no food for man to live on.
29 2,807 more...
Re: FatShack Burger? Riverc 04/25/24
Never heard of them they based out of Texas? Like was said above In & Out burger are good ate at one in Tuscon.
11 748 more...
Re: Caroll Brunett Show persiandog 04/25/24
you mean tim conway ?
29 2,056 more...
Re: CO - Reintroduced wolf found dead in Larimer County Hammerdown 04/25/24
Originally Posted by Heym06
Good wolf!

Right!
29 2,807 more...
Re: Mossberg, we need to talk, we're off to a rocky start here. Beretta_Shooter916 04/25/24
Originally Posted by rlott
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Sounds like a good candidate for a turkey shoot gun. Only one shot at a time there. I've got a couple of friends who install sleeves in their turkey shoot guns- - - -chokes a 12 gauge down to 16 GA. in the last 6 inches or so of the barrel, and they scope them for accurate aiming. Those guns are illegal at a lot of shoots.

Those guys are nuts. Money is no object for the hardcore guys. Here's one I Cerakoted for a guy. In this case instead of a drop-in choke the entire barrel is a "sleeve" that drops in.

In any case to answer the OP's question, they don't make them like they used to (e.g. test fire)

[Linked Image]

I Don't know schitt about turkey shoot guns

What is the ammo of choice?

What kinda patterns do they get?
19 1,765 more...
Caroll Brunett Show PaulBarnard 04/25/24
29 2,056 more...
Re: Garmin Xero and Boat Tails Mule Deer 04/25/24
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Had my new Garmin Xero out yesterday. The thing was picking up every shot until I shot some 75 grain ELD’s from my 22-250. It tried to pick up a couple of them, but it just wouldn’t do it. It seems like I remember MD having this same problem with a LabRadar and .224 boat tail bullets. Is there a fix?

Actually it was some boattail 6mm bullet, maybe a Hornady ELD, which had a tiny rear end--and the Labradar has been reading other bullets perfectly before that, so was correctly positioned. I liked the Labradar in general, but it had too many limits (including velocity) to be of general use to me.

Had to take another chronograph along just in case that happened, which was generally a $130 ProChrono--which "read" the same bullet perfectly. And that was the incident that caused me to sell my Labradar....

Haven't tried a Garmin (or the new Labradar) and probably won't--due to being about 90% retired, and not having to shoot at a public range, so setting up a chronograph in front of the bench isn't a problem....
12 1,046 more...
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
Win hi wall ctw 04/25/24
?
0 76 more...
Re: CO - Reintroduced wolf found dead in Larimer County Dillonbuck 04/25/24
Awwwww!
29 2,807 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Headspace question Al_Nyhus 04/25/24
Very possible. I can't imagine anyone coating tenon threads but....
16 1,594 more...
Page 284 of 575 1 2 282 283 284 285 286 574 575
AX24

574 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 49 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,643
Posts18,474,514
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.