Originally Posted by jds44

Amen. I'm a Committee Member and just finished the rest of my required training to become an Assistant Scout Master with my older son's troop and am a Den Leader of my younger son's Cub Scout pack. When my oldest daughter was in Girl Scouts, my wife attended every meeting with her and I went on the campouts. We know our kids are not being exposed to any nonsense because we are there with them and involved. That's the key - parent involvement.

No one is less thrilled than I am about BSA's decision, but the real rubber meets the road at the local troop level. Instead of pulling your boys out of scouting, get involved and make sure it's done right in YOUR troop.

I was involved in 4H for a couple of years both in a rick climbing and rescue club and in shooting sports. I had kids in my clubs that I never once saw their parents. It was almost imposable to get any parental help. I was mostly just a babysitter to them.

I was not a good fit in the scout troop I tried as a kid, I was more of a loner. But I have seen what scouting can do for some kids. I hope it is not OUT.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!