Originally Posted by mudstud
Originally Posted by 79S
holy smokes that's alot of work...

Some people, if they didn't have bad luck, wouldn't have any luck at all! grin I drive GMC 1/2 ton 4x4's, and I am amazed at the list of bsa's troubles! I drove an '02 to 196k and didn't do anything to it but maintenance. Drove an '07 to 145k, same same. Currently drive an '11 6.2L MAX with 155k. This one I had the oil cooler and transmission lines replaced a couple of months ago, along with reflashing the ECM because it was reading the ethanol in the fuel wrong. Not bad. All these vehicles had the dreaded G80 locker, never had a hiccup from it on any of my vehicles. My plans are to retire before the end of the year, and my retirement pickup will be a '16 GMC 6.2L MAX.

I've had great luck with a '99 suburban with the vortec 5.7 litre. It's been a dream to own. It gets better gas mileage than my '04 GMC. I was hoping the GMC would do better since it is a smaller motor (5.3 LS1) and produces more horsepower. I really like the GMC and it gets around very well in the snow and such when out elk hunting. The locker is a good one, but probably failed when I got on it too hard on a corner: Slid the truck sideways on the pavement laugh. I'm hard on chit I guess... Seriously though, the truck is worth fixing. I like the body style, just not real keen on the push button computer controlled 4wd system that they are all going to:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA