I have always really enjoyed listening to the coyotes at night. That being said, we keep them in check, as much as possible. An AR15 resides in my truck 24/7 for coyote and feral hog control.
On all of our Ranches, this year, including a large Hill Country Ranch that I manage, we have a really good fawn crop. In typical years with normal rainfall, TX whitetails typically have a 60 % fawn crop survival rate. It has more to do with the rains falling at the correct time, and lots of it. Another words, more forage foods and plants that deer can utilize.

Biggest problem for turkeys are coons, possums, skunks, & Bobcats.
And it's pretty rare for a coyote to catch a turkey. That depredation is mostly due to the varmints eating turkey eggs. Also, feral hog population growth has also really hurt the turkey & quail population.

Fire ants are the main culprits in the destruction of our native quail population decline in TX, and have totally decimated the quail population in our Southeastern States, along with, of course, the usual varmints raiding their nests. Not so much, with Turkeys, though.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/09/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~