Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Petro
We used to lease our small property out for cattle. I would see coyotes every year and gut piles would be gone overnight. You couldn't leave a deer overnight if you made a bad shot or lost the trail (luckily only happened once). I would hear them howl every night in the stand.

Three years ago I managed to get the family matriarch on board with letting the children use the property without cows screwing everything up.

We have gut piles for days now and I can't find a coyote on a trail camera. I can't explain it as just the cows because if they lived solely off calves people would be up in arms, but their presence seems to directly correlate to the availability of cattle, at least in my area (east of OKC).

Wild dogs (or at least "pets" not contained to their owner's property when not on a leash), now those are out of hand. They are aggressive and destructive and cause more harm to the quality of hunting that coyotes ever did.
Mice love cow manure for the feed left in it, as do birds. Without cattle, the mouse population drops and that's the coyote's main diet.

NO WAY, all they eat are deer....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....