Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
I'd enjoy this too but may I make a suggestion? A "Rural Living" or "Rural Life" Forum would both cover these things and actually fit very well with the Campfire, Hunting, Fishing theme.

And it would also give us a place to bitch in an organized fashion about Rural Discrimination from City Dwellers who have no clue. Lol. Personally, I have some very interesting stories to share about this. lol

Oh, so a city dweller with a "Victory Garden" would not be qualified to offer input?

I have urban friends and relatives with amazing gardens and fruit trees.

I apologize...I did not mean to stereotype. This was wrong of me. I have the upmost respect for City Dwellers who buck the ideals Society tries to enforce on them! As you know though Urban Food Gardens are becoming rare and many Municipalities are even trending towards outlawing these.

In many Cities now it is OK to grow "ornamentals" but illegal to grow "Food Crops". This is because of the ignorant neighbor next door looking over your fence who thinks they are ugly to look at and reduce the value of their property. In fact I try to promote Backyard Chicken Farming in the City just for these type of neighbors. smile

These are the type of people I was referring to in my statement, not the Gardeners smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.