Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by RickBin
I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by the response here.

Ok, let's talk about the name and topic breadth.

"Rural Living"

"Farms, Food Plots, Gardens, and Tractors"

????

Rick,

Whatever name folks come up with I'll be visiting/posting.

If there's posts about combines, balers, and other industrial equipment, I'll just have to wade through them. Not my area of interest. I'll not be interested in which spray is better for my 5000 acres of soybeans either, but maybe some folks are. (I don't have 5000 acres of soybeans.... or anything else either smile )

Chickens, pigs, family small scale beef production, goats, bees, "truck farms", family gardens, that kind of thing will be what I'm looking for.

Topics more along the lines of self sufficiency rather than industrial farming are what I was thinking would work for me.

Then again, there's a number of forums I rarely if ever visit, so whatever you and the folks come up with, I'll be sure to visit often.

Thanks,

Geno
I'd say to semi-limit it to home or hobby-business stuff. A guy who has a few bee hives or a few fruit trees to sell stuff at a farmers market would qualify but not a full blown business. Most of us aren't farmers. We're hobbyists.
At the same time, info about pesticides or irrigation on a large scale is also applicable to hobby farming so that needs to be considered.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.