Great, and at the right time too. Lots are starting plants from seeds, as we are.

In my mind, the thread on raising meat rabbits should go along well here. We've been doing it for several years, build a shelter that is fenced all around to keep varmints out, cages suspended off the ground. 8 to 10 weeks are about right for slaughter, they skin out real easy when young. Very good meat.'

Chickens are another topic that could fit here, not only for eggs but meat chickens. We have raised cornish cross if I remember right, again, in 6 to 8 weeks they are ready to butcher. They get so big they can hardly walk. I made a way to raise and clean up if anyone is interested.

I have also heard of raising quail. Easy to house and raise to killing stage, but never done it.

We have raised out pigs for butchering. We buy a couple young piglets once they are weaned, then raise them out. Frankly, we haul them to a local slaughter house and have them do the work. It's a LOT of work to process start to finish, I aint as young anymore!

This could spread out into sub categories very easy!