Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
CC... Out of curiosity what scope do you use now that fits all of your stringent requirements of a hunting scope...

there isn't one I am happy all the way with. probably 2 different scopes right now. the 3.5-15 NXS with MOAR reticle, that would go on big game calibers,or long range guns. 2.5-10x32 NXS w/mildot on AR type and guns I am likely to be shooting at less than 400 yards with. Nightforce reticles in some cases may be tuff to see without illumination.

simply put check the model of scope, the MOAR reticle is very different in a 3.5-15 NXS vs the same reticle in a 2.5-10 model.

I will trash on FFP again because I feel like stiring the pot. looked at the LRHS yet again at the sportsmans expo last week. I would love to like this scope BTW. The reticle washed out looking at a curtain inside the full lights of the show, let me repeat the reticle on low power washed out against a dark curtain in full light at the show standing in their booth. there is simply no way anyone can look someone in the eye and say this is a good low light scope on low power. for what its worth the higher power LRHS is much better on low power, but still not good enough for a hunting scope IMO. Its so bad I am surprised they put a product like this on the market.

The interesting thing is, bushnell was there, vortex was there, leica, swaro, all of them were represented at the show. when I was looking at stuff at 3 different booths someone came in and asked about FFP scopes. In EVERY case the reps working the both said they didn't like FFP and it wasn't their thing. I thought that was interesting. I think there is alot of hype associated with FFP.

look thats my opinion, don't like it, fine, I really don't care, if the scope bottoms out at less than 6x on the low end it should not have a FFP reticle, end of story.

So the scopes you currently use now are the 2 nxs's you listed? Those are not getting it done for you? Not really understanding but trying to.