Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Amen to that.

With just a little luck, I'm burning 14 years of Oregon antelope points this summer..... good motivation.

Guess its an attitude point then...

if you want to go for antelope, instead of waiting 14 years and buying a $1000 scope... I'd just go to Wyoming or Montana, instead of waiting for Fish and Wildlife to quit doing their favoritism to the places that Vote democRAT and say essentially to hell with everyone from the rest of the state...

If a guy wants a $1000 scope, then I saw have it.. and enjoy...

somehow slumming with Leupolds, Weavers, various Bushnell offerings and even Tascos, has really fit my needs just fine...

granted the longest distances I have taken deer has been 300 yds or a little beyond.. but that works fine for me...

Even having opportunities to get some of these big buck scopes.. I wasn't impressed with their weight, didn't think the optics were any clearer than any other scope I've used ( byproduct of not having real perfect eye sight anyway)...

don't interpret this as criticizing those of you that desire such spendy luxuries.. just curious if I am missing something as I just don't see it...

Love playing with scopes the way I love playing with 'what if' at the load bench....
spending time shooting a couple thousand or 5 rounds at sage rats come spring and early summer.. really takes care of my shooting large game at distances...

so the statement was not as to of offensive to anyone at all..