Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 4ager

I was clearly wrong.

I'm not sure I have the words to describe a "man" that'd joke about losing his family.

Karma's a bitch, 'flave. Remember that when it comes around.

Yes. That's sort of the point. You were clearly wrong. Why would a grown "man" vouch for a person they've never met before in their life? What made you think you would know what I would and would not joke about?

Any decent man I know wouldn't joke about losing his family. That's the point.

Aren't you the same guy that moved to Washington to work with Mark Claiborne?

Nope. Never lived in Washington. I did work with Claiborne, though, and once I found out what an absolute POS that jackass is, I got out of and away from that, fixed as many of the problems that [bleep] made as I could, and did my level best to make sure he didn't screw over anyone else. It's called learning from a mistake, admitting you're wrong, and rectifying the situation. With you, I was wrong to think that you had any degree of decency whatsoever. That's recognized now, and I suspect by far more folks thank you know.

I mean, for a guy that knows everything there is to know about everything, you seem sorta slow in this department.

I know enough to know that a decent man doesn't joke about losing his family. I thought you a decent man. I was wrong. I know enough to admit when I am wrong, and I was completely wrong about you.

For a bunch of people that spend so much time on the Hunter's Campfire, you and your ilk don't seem to observe much. Has anybody else noticed I tend to be a bit less than reverent? That every year an over the top April Fool's gag is formulated the week of April 1? That at least five other ass holes are in on it? That countless numbers of people are posting "Don't believe him!"

Good to know you take so much pride in what shouldn't be a joke, ever. Not just the alcoholism (that's apparent, and while sad, it shouldn't be funny), but the comments about losing your family. You should go home every damned day and be thankful for a wife and beautiful kids, and the LAST damned think that should ever enter your mind is losing them. To joke about that is just a height of selfishness and egotism that I don't understand, and for that I'm grateful.

Is it stupid? Yes. It's supposed to be stupid. It's supposed to be over the top. And yes, the point of an April Fools joke, is to Fool, the audience you're attempting to fool.

Well, congratulations. You fooled people who thought that 1) no decent man would joke about losing his family, and 2) that you might have actually realized that you have a drinking problem. Kudos for having tricked folks on both counts.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm an ass hole. But I'm not a heartless ass hole. I can understand somebody giving me a solid "Get fugked" after they buy something like this. Especially guys that don't read this forum very much because they may not know this is an annual thing. I have friends on this site. Real friends. Not pretend friends. Real people that I have known. Some for better than 10 years. They text. I answer. They say "fugking dickhead." And that's it.

Well, bully for you. As for real friends, yeah, I have quite a few. EvilTwin, isaac, MagMarc, TLEE, RWE, NH K9, and a host of others. These are guys that I've shared meals with; hunted with; and I know and trust. Not a single damned one of them would ever joke about losing their family, and if I ever had the selfish audacity to do the same about my family for something so trivial as an online "joke", I'd fully expect several of them to beat my ass.

Why do strangers get so pissed when they have zero skin in the game? I'd say that answer is pretty obvious.

Travis

Yeah, the answer is obvious. Those strangers took you for something you're not: a decent man. It won't happen again.

When karma catches up, and it always does, good luck to you. You'll need it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.