Yeah, that's the nominal twist for all pre-64 M70 Hornets. Even in '47, however, they were cut-rifling barrels. Both of the primary rifling methods used by factories today, button and hammer-forging, were developed during WWII in order to increase production, but cut-rifling was still used by many sporting-rifle companies for years after the war. (Now, of course, cut-rifling is considered a really special method for custom barrels.)

Have measured twists on older factory barrels that were over an inch different than nominal. None were on pre-'64 M70's, but I went through my big pre-'64 years before becoming zealous about measuring rifling twists.

Many companies still used very slow twists for some cartridges long after the war. Savage finally switched to a 1-10 twist in .250-3000's around 1960, when they revamped the 99, but Winchester still used a 1-14 twist in .250's as late as the 1980's. (I had one for a while.)

And even some people who should know better still believe in the slowest twist possible: in 1999 a gunsmith made me a 7x57 with a 1-11.5" twist, apparently because it was supposedly perfect for 140-grain bullets. It was--for lead-cored 140's, but wouldn't shoot Barnes X 140's, or any other bullet longer than a lead-cored 140 spitzer. Finally I measured the twist and figured it out, because he never told me about the "special" twist. (He did something similar when he built a friend of mine a 6mm Remington with a 1-12 twist barrel.)

That 7x57 is exactly why I measure the twist of EVERY rifle anymore.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck