Dave,
Follow where YOU are coming from as a shooter and a hand loader. The 6.5 CM was not exactly aimed at that market from the beginning. My initial concern was the combination of shooters who bought a rifle chambered in a cartridge that shot well enough they did not have to reload(to say nothing of hand loaders) and now we are throwing a Small Rifle Primer into the mix... All in all I am past giving a flock at this point and suspect the Darwin Awards will get this point across in a far more expeditious fashion than I can concisely put into words...

Having talked to several who would disagree rather strongly with your comment on the Small Rifle Primers(47 in particular) and large rifle firing pins I suppose you pays your money and takes your chances. I was concerned about the BAT .070" firing pin diameter with the 47, however, Bruce Thom, Mr. Scott, and I think Dave all said the tolerance on the custom BAT largely negated the necessity of the BR Firing pin. I honestly don't know... That said I'll err on the side of caution when listening to that crowd. Granted some might consider it buying Greg Tannel a new pair of shoes, however, I've been impressed with everything I've seen him do... Cheap insurance.

benny,
You have been insulted and clearly you are still not tracking. I would avoid the pistol powder in all seriousness.

John,
I have been patently amazed at what Hornday Ammunition is doing out of the box in my customer's AX MC and AX .308 Rifles chambered 6.5 CM...

As far as the brass initial dimensions have not been the issue. It has been the cases response to repeated loadings. Specifically loose primer pockets. I have more experience with their .338 Lapua brass than I do their 6.5 CM Brass, however, if you look at the AMP settings the dichotomy in hardness between Hornady and Lapua is significant... fwiw.

ScenarShooter,
Gee, a wallet group. Never thought to go down range, cut one out, sign it and bring it back to show what you, GA Precision, and chance can do for THREE SHOTS... WOW. A GA Precision Rifle no less. Just had to rub it in... If I hit the lottery one of these days...

NRA Life Benefactor Member