I have had to bush firing pins in several rifles so that small rifle primers could be used at high pressures. That alone is enough to make me want avoid them. I just don't see the point.
The 308 brass Remington made with small primer pockets was brass which was intended to be formed to 22 and 6mm BR. This was a tedious process which resulted in brass which thick and difficult to work with. A person had to want to do it when the PPC was so easy.
One fellow competitor, Nobby Uno, formed brass for his BR from 22-250. This, of course, used large rifle primers. Nobby shot a complete season using small primers in LV and large primers in HV and the difference was barely noticeable (less the .010 moa for the season aggregate). He decided there was no reason to bother with the BR brass.
Generally speaking, I like Lapua bras but I have no problem using something else. In one 6.5x55, the best score I ever shot was using Remington brass (neck turned, mind you).
I find both Norma and Federal to be too soft but both are dimensionally good and I am happy enough to use them. I can't load these as hot as I can Lapua or Winchester but, for hunting rifles, I don't have to. If a particular target rifle requires higher pressures to shoot well, I'll use the tougher brass. Anyway, for whatever reason, Lapua is on a small primer kick. For those who like it, this is fine, for those who don't there are many options. GD