Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The itch is all that matters.

Motto at Army clinics throughout the Asian theater.

Thanks, ever so much for THAT mind picture!

Another advantage of the .22 mag is the "pocketability" of the ammo, as opposed to greasy, waxy LRs. Ammo for my Hornet is pocketable as well, but if I lost one, I'd be inconsolable.

"Pocketable" is why my friend, Andy, is a die-hard Marlin 983S guy. He loads the tubular magazine and goes hunting, no magazine to lose and nothing protruding below the stock to get in the way when it is being carried in one hand. This is a guy who carries that rifle at least 300 days per year, heck, I don't think that he leaves home without it.

those old 983SS were a darn nice rifle...

Never did find one on the shelf, or I would have bought it...

but I have a 25MN I put in a laminate stock... paid $99 for the rifle in 1980... and $54 for the stock... its only worn Tasco Scopes... mainly 4 x 16 World Class... that rifle sure has killed a lot of stuff... up to and including deer....

all but one of the dozen or so deer, were hit on the highway, and the Marlin rode in my 4 Runner as a Truck gun for many moons...

Good old CCI 40 grain FMJ.....shot placement, it dropped a lot of game...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez