Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I traded for this almost new .22 Mag T-Bolt at Cabelas, Gonzalas, LA. Usually they're difficult to deal with, but I did OK.

This gun had a VX-3 2.5-8x36 with Alumina Flip Back lens covers, just the covers are worth nearly $100. I don't know if the gun dept "experts" knew or even cared, the Alumina's were passed on without cost.

This model (synthetic) has an extra mag in the buttstock. Two mags were listed, they couldn't find the extra one... blush

They scratched around there for a while, looking before I finally told them where it was... grin

The mags are a neat design, sort of a figure of 8, like a doubled up Ruger rotary mag; they work well.

Gun looks new, is a good shooter. I did some work on the trigger, got info on line. Browning doesn't like that, HAD security tape over the fire control housing. Well, what they don't know won't hurt them and I'm not too concerned about warranty.

DF

I have scored a couple of good deals from them in the past year or so. Nothing I had to negotiate on. They came from the rack outside the Gun Library. One was a brand new Ruger Hawkeye Ultrailight 30-06. They had a 10% off coupon and I got an additional military 5% discount. It came in right at $400. The other was a Cabelas exclusive Savage Prairie Dog Hunter 22-250 heavy barrel. It was used but barely. $275. It shoots groups under 1/2 inch.

I was in there yesterday and nothing really turned me on.

Most of the time, I don't see anything I want.

If I have a gun that I want to move, one I wouildn't sell to a friend... blush

Then unloading such a piece on those guys is the way to go. They think they know so much about guns... cool

It's almost fun messing with them, if you get my drift... grin

DF