Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I have a Savage 93 in 22 mag. I believe it was 130 new. I put a rifle basix trigger in it. It will shoot an enlarged hole at 50 yards with the right ammo. It will shoot minute of squirrel head at 75. They are a definite step up in power above a 22lr. for squirrels and rabbits body shots ruin the meat. Animals like armadillos a 22 kills them but they run off. A 22 mag plants them on the spot. Shooting animals the size of beavers groundhogs skunks, coons you can tell the difference.
It is impossible to buy ammo for them where I live for the last 4 years. Mine won't shoot the 30 gn bullets at all and that is all that is available here locally.

Those 93's are tack drivers. My buddy had one and that's all he used on yotes after trying 22-250 and even .223 rem he says he likes the little 22mag better because it doesn't tear up the pelt as bad. His loved the 50gr. JHP federals as does my older chuckster. However, my new RAR loves the lighter 30gr. v-max hornady's... Here's how my chuckster (that is older than me) shoots the heavy 50gr. Federal JHP "yote loads":

[Linked Image]

Probably not as accurate as your Savage 93, but still plenty accurate enough for the hunting I do with it...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA