Originally Posted by cotis
I just sold last week a Marlin 882ssv. Stainless bull barrel, synthetic stock. It was accurate, even with the crappy trigger. Ordered a Ruger 8335 "predator" 22 mag, waiting for it to come in. I just couldn't get past the trigger and poor balance of that Marlin, it was WAY to front heavy.

I have a pristine Browning BPR in 22 mag, but it has a problem right now. My father in law left it cocked for over 15 years, and it won't always fire. I took it apart, there are two firing pin springs. One long and one short. I can't find out how it should be, the owner's manual is too vague and haven't found another one to compare it to. Of course Browning doesn't service them anymore.

I agree that the heavy barrel Marlin bolt guns are muzzle heavy with synthetic stocks. Because of that imbalance, I put my heavy barrel Marlin bolt guns, the 882SVV, 917M2, 917M2S, 917VSSF, and XT-22VR in Boyds Rimfire Hunter style laminated stocks. That change gives them a "big rifle" feel, making them feel more like a CF bolt gun and a better understudy.