I've seen antelope shot 3 and 4 times with belted magnums and not even hardly show any evidence of being hit. I've seen mule deer shot with the 300 winmag. 5 times and still needed head shot. Have witnessed elk dropping in their tracks from a single round out of 243's 30-30's and the like. Elk hit with a 375 H&H right thru the boiler room and still travel another 200 yds. with no blood on either the entry or exit wounds.
None of the examples prove much of anything.
It all boils down to the hunter using a rifle and cartridge that he/she has confidence in.
Whenever these threads boil down to who has the supposed most testosterone, I'm always reminded of an old lady that spent the prime years of her life on the east face of the Bighorns raising kids, and helping her husband on the ranch. Her theory was that those guys using those" big ol 30-06's" on elk were just showing off, there wasn't any need for anything bigger than her 92 in 25-20.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com