I've had limited experience loading the .26 and have yet to exceed 78 grains with Retumbo behind 140s (3,320 fps). I've driven 129s safely 3,475 with 80 grains RL-25. Of course, rifles differ; you may find these loads hot or not in yours. I'd try US 869; Nosler people told me early on it was performing very well. You'll look hard to find a powder too slow behind heavy bullets in the .26. As for accuracy, you didn't say what standard you expect. This isn't a Benchrest cartridge. My loads haven't broken into the sub-MOA club; but neither do many big game loads in many rifles. ....WvZ

Originally Posted by jackhammer922
Wayne, I have a question about "hot" (to put it mildly) loads for the 26 Nosler. I have owned 2, and simply could not get them to shoot accurately shooting min to max book loads. It seems as though everyone I talk to that has an accurate one is shooting approximately 80 grns of Retumbo behind a 140 grn bullet, and are having no pressure issues. How is this possible? I would think that one of these guys would have blown their own head off by now. Do you think it is just a matter of time? Any info would be appreciated.