I've not used that charge in the .26. Nosler does list 120s with up to 83 grains Retumbo, and I suspect that's conservative. Reducing the recommendation to 74 grains as a maximum load for 129-grain bullets, as Nosler does in its manual, seems a big drop too. FYI, I've had good results from very slow powder over recommended charges in the .264 Win. Mag. This isn't a recommendation that you try them in the .26, but throats and other variables open possibilities you can explore one carefully measured grain at a time I've had only modest success getting the accuracy I expected from a Nosler rifle in .26.... WvZ

Originally Posted by jackhammer922
Wayne, I have a question about "hot" (to put it mildly) loads for the 26 Nosler. I have owned 2, and simply could not get them to shoot accurately shooting min to max book loads. It seems as though everyone I talk to that has an accurate one is shooting approximately 80 grns of Retumbo behind a 140 grn bullet, and are having no pressure issues. How is this possible? I would think that one of these guys would have blown their own head off by now. Do you think it is just a matter of time? Any info would be appreciated.