I bought one of these from the S&W performance shop in 9mm. Right out of the box it fed and fired everything regardless of bullet shape, steel case, aluminum case surplus etc. Very easy to hit with..my wife has taken it over..
So I ordered anther one in .40 also from the performance shop.
This one by contrast must be a Friday after noon gun. Slide was so stiff and gritty I could not pull it back far enough to engage the slide lock. Pulled it apart and cleaned a bunch of reddish grit out of it and lubed it. About every third round was a failure to feed. Looked as though the extractor was digging into the case just before the extractor groove. The seven round magazine would not feed at all. Managed to get three boxes through it, took a break and cleaned/lubed it again. Ran out and got some white box and Rem ammo. Same thing. Ran another magazine through it and noticed I no longer had a rear sight! Supposedly staked in and not adjustable.

Called S&W and they emailed me a label to send it in for repair . 2-6 weeks. Supposedly the performance center test fires every one before they leave the shop. I have full confidence in S&W but this is a bit frustrating.

Lefty C