Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
I guess I was in in denial considering how well my 9 worked, so I went out and bought 2 more boxes of ammo. Fed HP and Win FMJ. I also had a friend with a .40 shield loan me his 7 shot mag.
With great anticipation I racked the first round in..2 bangs and then the same old jam. Cleared it fired one and jam again. got to the end of the magazine and his would not hold my slide open. He has fired his about 1000 rnds and thinks he may have cleaned it once or twice. Never had a jam or misfire.

Off to FEDX

LC
Back in the 1990s I bought a Springfield Armory Loaded Model of 1911 A1 that was pretty much the same. Serious issues. They fixed it up good, and sent it back to me with a nicely tuned action. I also bought, about the same time period, an S&W Titanium framed J-Framed PD model that jammed up a lot right out of the box. Strange for a revolver, but there you have it. People think revolvers are a lot more reliable out of the box, but they can come with reliability issues from the factory, too. S&W fixed that right up. Quality control at factories isn't what it was in the 1950s. They've substituted good return and repair policies for it, just permitting occasional lemons to slip through and be dealt with later.

It would be interesting to compare actual return/repair rates between now and the 1950s, especially with the changes in volume of production and of number of different models and styles of pistols produced.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.