I think another reason the 375 H&H is the "go to" rifle is in the way it kicks. I do love my 300 Weatherby magnum and the numbers on the paper may say its about identical in foot pounds and such as the 375, the 375 H&H just shoots easier. I say Weatherby but really mean any .300 mag. I just have way more expierence with it than the other. .300s. My 375(Winchester M70) pushes rather than slams me. And yes I agree about taking those longer shots. The 375 has pretty much the same trajectory as a '06 so longer shots are not practical. Besides like JJHACK says, your wallet is on the line at this point as well as the PHs ass. I am probably gonna do a Australian buffalo cull hunt next year with 2-4 buff a day for a week. May very well just take a 375 H&H. I can take anything, but with 5kilos(11pounds) of ammo I want to be able to get the job done without severely punishing my shoulder. I am also thinking about a .416 Rem mag, but I have never shot a lot of those in a few days. Will take it to the range and see what my threshold is before I suffer on all sides of accuracy, speed and pain. Would be interesting to do a side by side week long test on buffalo. 375 vs 300.