I have the same problem here.My long time friend/hunting partner had to stop riding and he has stopped elk hunting .In addition his wife is not doing well health wise. My other hunting partner is younger than I ,but doesn't have the desire to really kill an elk, but likes the trip.This year,he is only going ML hunting and not rifle hunting with me. I will be 74 this coming season ,I am pushing it, but will still go I guess by myself for rifle season. I just need to cut up the elk in smaller pieces to lift up on the mule.

It's harder to find partners with horses or mules too.. If not,then I tend to overwork my stock when foot hunters go long

As Mule Deer said,the ideal solution, of course, is to find younger hunting partners, but most of them also have different priorities than older hunters. I haven't found and that wants to put in the effort or has the time off to get away for an entire season,let alone two. The few I have taken either says I work too hard at it,or wants to go into town to drink or watch a foot ball game.

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/11/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles