Originally Posted by saddlesore
Some one left one north of Vail one year.I heard they could not get it back into a trailer.It had staked out a claim on about an acre of land. We had to ride by every morning in the dark. He would rush us to the edge of his territory .Mules don't like something running right at them in the dark. 9 days and they never got use to it.Even though we had to ride back past it in the afternoon when it was light. Mules don't accept them quite as fast as a horse I will.

I almost had it roped one afternoon until some tourist with a loose dog cashed it back down the trail. I'm not sure what I would have donw with it once I had it snubbed up anyway
Llamas are pretty good eating. It tastes a lot like beef but with zero fat in the meat. LIke venison, it's all on the outside. The fat is pink BTW. Very unusual.
Just make sure it's calmed down for a while before you kill it. Like anything else, they can be pretty strong when they've been run. They aren't as easy to rope as you might think. I've tried it and long before the rope gets to the head, the head is on the ground. They have great eyesight and can dodge it nicely.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.