I’ve lost a couple partners for various reasons. I’m only 45 and in great shape except for some back issues but have been hunting alone when I can’t talk a non-hunting friend into a camping trip. I backpack hunt and live in the East which presents even further complications.

Unfortunately, I have found most guys to be big on talk and short on walk when it comes to really committing. Most of the dudes you meet are just plain full of sh*t or lazy, and even people you think you know will often show their true colors when things get a little hard. Then there’s the horn crazy guys that are all about the rack. I have nothing against trophy hunting but I am more into the overall experience and am tickled to be in the mountains and just as happy to take a nice cow.

Every year I get a little anxious about the upcoming season since it is a little tough to scout and plan from 1500 miles from the mountains on a working man’s wages. I ain’t quitting so may need to eventually get some lamas or make friends with folks similar to those that have responded here.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince