Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by StrayDog
For most of us even interested in this thread (seniors) we can remember when we were the young ones in camp doing most of the physical work, we'll now is our time. Hunt with younger folk and enjoy senior privilege for a little while.

I tried a few times taking younger fellows with me. They don't want to work that hard and I found myself still doing the camp chores

What's your definition of young? I think one nail you hit squarely is the word chores. I wonder how many kids have chores these days. I think rural kids probably do better in that regard. I was raised in both urban and rural myself. Had chores to do regardless.

Funny side note (or perhaps not so funny). I recall some years back the local news reported of a case of child abuse. It appears that some overbearing father had his boys out digging a ditch in the cold past sunset without any coats or sweaters on ... My interpretation. Temps were mid-50's to maybe low 60's that evening. Anyone who has ever done any digging knows they'd be sweating like a hog at those temps with a coat on, or even at temps a great deal colder than that. Heaven forbid a father try to instill a work ethic in his kids or the meaning of a deadline by having them do anything past sunset.