KLM,

Nobody has addressed one point, except powdr and then perhaps not correctly, though probably through no fault of his own.

You mention installing pillars for the action screw holes. The original reason pillars were installed in stocks wasn't so much improved accuracy, as many assume today, but to keep the stock from compressing or even collapsing when the action screws were tightened. This was true of Mauser military stocks, but was especially true of early synthetic "lay-up" stocks, made of epoxied layers of synthetic cloth around a soft core: If pillars weren't installed, tightening the action screws collapsed the stock.

I haven't bedded a Brown Pound'r in years, and can't remember whether it has thick layers of solid material around the action screw areas--as the Bansner High-Tech stock does. If so, you don't need to install pillars, but if the Pound'r is as I described above, with a thin shell of epoxy/cloth around a soft matrix, then you do need pillars.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck