Originally Posted by KLM
UPDATE

[Linked Image]
Is there a secret to putting just a thin layer on??
[
[Suggestion on the best way to finish those holes to match the stock contour correctly?? I will be bedding the rifle in MarineTex and have acraglass gel also.

[Linked Image]
Need advise on the barrel.

Your probably finished but here goes anyway. To thin epoxy you can heat it in hot water and also thin it up to 10% with Xylene. I use an old credit card to squeegee it on. For filler acraglass mixed with micro baloons is easier to sand or add the chopped up fiberglass that comes with the kit. On the barrel I would use 3M pads till you get it the way you want. On stainless sometimes after polishing I will wire brush it with a fine stainless steel wheel to make random scratches on it for a less shiny finish. No experience with the home paints other than the rattle can types. Not very durable but easy to re-do with just Rustolium or Krylon. Check Brownels for dura coat and other harder spray on finishes.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli