UPDATE

[Linked Image]
The stock had pin holes and many deep sanding marks/gouges. Mixed up some accraglass and coated all areas that needed attention with a layer. Is there a secret to putting just a thin layer on??

[Linked Image]
Sanded to my hearts content, thus the question on thin layers. Finished with a wet sanding today. Unless I've screwed something up I am very pleased thus far. I plan to apply a couple of coats of primer and wet sand before I move on to bedding.

[Linked Image]
There are two areas that showed the inner filling, looked like stainless steel wool. I put acraglass into them when I did the stock as it flowed down into the holes well. Suggestion on the best way to finish those holes to match the stock contour correctly?? I will be bedding the rifle in MarineTex and have acraglass gel also.

[Linked Image]
Need advise on the barrel. It is a turned down military, still in the white with fine surface rust. I would appreciate suggestions on removing the rust and a type of finish that will be durable that I can do myself. A mismatch between the receiver and barrel is fine. No, our oven is not large enough to fit the barreled action. This is a tool not a showcase.

I am planning to bed the action prior to final painting as I need to remove some stock material for the side safety after bedding to make sure I remove the correct amount and in the correct spot. This is a Husqvarna 1640 action.

Last edited by KLM; 05/21/17. Reason: spelling