Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
had a huge flea issue a couple years ago, fenced off a small area of the yard, and sprayed it down, covered the carpets and furniture with 20 mule team borax mixed with salt and dichotomous earth. Set off 3 times as many bug bombs as needed and left the house with the dogs. Took dogs to groomer had them shaved. It was a nightmare that went on for weeks until i did the above.

Would have been a lot easier to just switch them to a raw meat, organ, and bone diet. Fleas completely lose interest in your dogs. They like the sugar in the blood of dogs fed a commercial diet. Take that away, and the fleas will no more infest your dog than they would your coffee table.

Bull. I'm not saying it wont help but to act like a raw diet is the end all to flea problems is naïve at best. You obviously have never skinned many fox or coyotes?

Flea bitten furs some bad enough they are unusable, and/or live fleas on the carcass, is not that uncommon, especially when its not real cold out. What do you think a wild fox or coyote lives off of that was trapped or shot miles away from the nearest house??

Dogs can go years without any fleas just because they didn't start out with them and haven't run into anything where they picked them up. The healthier your dog is the better it can fend off the effects of all sorts of parasites, but If your dog gets a flea infestation I can promise you it will need treated with something other than a hamburger. That's laughable.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.