Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Shadetree, I can only testify to my experience. Here in Florida, combating fleas was a way of life for me regarding my dogs. I had been using one product or another for seventeen years while here with dogs. I never even knew that anyone claimed switching to a raw meat, bone, and organ diet would help with the problem. Since switching about a year and a half ago to that diet, the anti-flea products I had (which had been previously in regular use) stayed in the the cabinet. There just weren't any fleas to use them for. Only then did I start researching the issue, since I could think of no other connection than that between switching diet and the disappearance of the fleas. As it turned out, this is a common observation, and the rationale regarding sweet blood made perfect sense to me.

PS I've seen lots of video on YouTube of foxes stealing commercial dog and cat food off porches, not to mention food from garbage. It's likely that many of them have incorporated these sources into their regular diets.

I never said feeding a raw diet didn't or could not help. I never denied it's benefits or reasons for those benefits. I know all about the benefits of keeping a dog at its optimum health. I denied your claims. You made the blanket statement that feed a raw diet and fleas will no more infest your dog than they would your coffee table. That is both fundamentally and physically false.

Here is an article from a vet discussing the benefits of feeding a raw diet, in it he specifically addresses your claim. Quoting here. "So, is a raw diet a cure-all, including for fleas? Of course not. A good diet is the fuel for your dog's body, but it would be a mistake to think that a raw diet can prevent flea infestation completely. It happens less often, but it still happens!"

Also this. "To summarize, dogs are less prone to fleas and other parasites if they are healthy however, there is a certain tipping point where even a healthy dog will get fleas and you will need to deal with the infestation."

I stand completely behind my claim that if your dog gets infested with fleas it will need treated with a lot more than raw hamburger to get rid of them.

Here is the article in its entirety. https://peterdobias.com/blogs/blog/34542021-can-feeding-a-raw-diet-prevent-fleas

As far as the videos you put up, that wasn't what I was talking about and you know it. How many rednecks putting up 100-200 plus furs a yr do you know that are traveling into suburbs knocking on doors asking the tree huggers if they can trap or shoot the neighborhood scavengers in the area?? Or going to city dumps to trap and hunt the scroungy stuff living there. C'mon. I'm talking about trapping and hunting wild fox and coyotes, and there's plenty of them with flea problems. It runs in cycles, some areas and yrs are worse than others, but it's there.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.