When I was younger cow stomach was the standard used by the old timers to put weight on a dog quickly. A dog that was pulled down hard by pups, or was just run down from being worked hard and not being able to take in enough calories. Give a dog what it will eat in cow stomach every day and in a week it can go from looking like death warmed over to needing cut back on feed. It will pack weight on like crazy if you let a dog eat what it wants of it every day. I've seen it turn around dogs in very short order. It was always used as a temporary feed when needed that was thought to be really high in fat.

Now that modern science is able to fully analyze it, it turns out its not really high in fat, just really nutritious and highly digestible. Fat content is around 11%. I was experimenting with raw diets with dogs before the internet was ever invented and people could look it up. All the way back in the early 1980's. Cow stomach is by far the easiest and best thing I've found out of the things I've tried over the yrs. To me it's one of the best feeds I could give other than maybe some of the very expensive premium dog foods.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.